With a population of approximately 2.100.000 citizens, Bucharest is situated in the south-eastern part of Romania, near the border of Bulgaria and the Danube river. With the mountains and the seaside at similar distances from Bucharest, of approximately 2 hours by car, it can be seen as a perfect spot for starting a fun holiday.
The number of tourists that visit Bucharest has increased every year in the previous 6 years, reaching in 2017 a total higher than 1.800.000 visitors. And this also due to a huge variety of things to do in Bucharest and nearby areas, and the high number of praising articles abroad.
The main reasons for is increasing popularity are:
- the vibrant nightlife in Bucharest
- an unexplored, new destination
- history and landmarks richness
- beautiful women and friendly people
- low prices compared to Western Europe